LBC Tank Terminals, with its headquarter in Belgium, is an independent operator of midstream and downstream bulk liquid storage facilities for chemicals, oils and refined petroleum products currently owning and operating a global network of terminals with a combined storage capacity of 2.4 million m³.
Our global footprint consists of facilities located in Europe and America serving over 300 customers including all major players.
Our goal is simple. We aim to provide our customers with the safest, most reliable and efficient tank storage and logistical systems. Together with our highly knowledgeable personnel, we ensure that there is no such thing as a dangerous product – at least not when under our care.
We are confident of achieving our goal since our activities are founded upon a sound risk management philosophy that involves ensuring a healthy and responsible balance between taking advantage of opportunities and fostering an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit while managing risks to acceptable levels. This way, we strive to minimize any negative impacts on society and to secure a sustainable future for LBC. This is evidenced by the fact that some of our original customers from 1947 are still with us today. It is a fact that underlines our values:
In addition to our values, innovation is at the core of our culture resulting in us continually meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers by providing inherently safe and creative solutions.
Facts and Figures
- LBC’s group sales revenue is $200 million for the period July 2017 until June 2018.
- LBC serves a wide range of customers including all the major chemical and petrochemical manufacturers.
- LBC is a responsible community member involved in sustainable development activities in all the communities where we operate.
- We strive to design and update our assets to minimize negative impacts on society.
- LBC is compliant with applicable law and we follow the guiding principles set out in Responsible CareTM.
- LBC endeavours to conduct her activities according to the guidance set out in ISO 26000 on Social Responsibility and ISO 31000 on Risk Management.
- LBC is an active member of CDI-T (Chemical Distribution Institute – Terminals).
- LBC uses Total Quality Management and ISO 9001 systems to ensure continuous improvement in everything we do.
Who is who
Niels van Bladeren
Group CFO, joined LBC in April 2015
Niels has 17 years of experience in financial management after graduating as an industrial engineer. From 1998 until 2007, he worked with a division of Unilever in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. From 2007 to 2012, Niels worked for Van Gansewinkel, as Group Controller and as Treasurer. From 2012 to 2015, he worked at Argos Terminals, which merged with Koole Terminals in 2014.
Ilse De Loof
Group General Counsel, joined LBC in January 2011
Ilse has 20 years of legal experience in corporate and commercial matters. From 1999 to 2011, she worked as regional corporate counsel for Belgium, Singapore and China for the Jacobs Engineering Group. Prior to that, she practiced law at the bar in Brussels from 1994 to 1999.
Group COO, joined LBC October 1998
John possesses over 30 years of terminal industry experience. From 1985 to 1997, John worked for Paktank Corporation holding various roles in Operations, Training, Quality, as well as Terminal Management. John joined LBC in 1998 and has held various roles within the organization serving as Terminal Manager at both US locations. From 2004 to 2009, John managed the Baton Rouge facility and provided technical and operations oversight for the major expansion project. In July 2014, John assumed the role of Director of Operations with responsibility for Operations, Maintenance, SHEQ, Engineering, and Construction activities. John was promoted to Business President, Americas in April 2016.
In 2017, John was promoted to Group COO.
“I am excited about LBC's vision and prospects!”
Niels van Bladeren - Chief Financial Officer
It’s important to me that I work for a company that tries to make a positive impact in its industry and has a higher ambition than just making as much money as possible.