Business Intelligence Manager Europe – LBC ARA Region
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER EUROPE
LBC ARA REGION
3 REASONS TO JOIN LBC TANK TERMINALS
1| Purpose of the job and added value
2| Working environment and place of work
3| LBC Tank Terminals as a company
- What we believe you need to be successful as Business Intelligence Manager Europe
- How to apply
PURPOSE OF THE JOB AND ADDED VALUE
Follow up of the economic drivers (products supply & demand, storage competitors) influencing the ARA storage market. Maintain and update the existing intelligence (intermediate chemicals and base oils) and execute new market research when necessary. Specifically, follow up trade and product flow from and to Europe (ARA) and provide training to the sales team of the findings.
- Take coordination lead in large complex tenders.
- Lead non-customer development strategic projects, e.g. port related.
- Regional customer focused optimization projects.
- Support the commercial lean projects.
Improve strategic & tactical intelligence based on our internal operational business data. This is a steering or managing role to make sure this set of tools is sustainable.
Business intelligence concepts:
- OPEX and productivity analysis, comparison between LBC terminals.
- Revenue insights per customer, product, activity and asset (terminal, tanks etc.).
- End-goal strategic cross-functional KPI overview e.g. balanced scorecard.
- Customer behavioral (logistical habits) analyses for e.g. contract renegotiations.
- Turnaround time optimization & trend reporting (ships, trucks, railcars etc.)
- RFP analysis (now low data quality, needs new process).
- Asset utilization to improve RoA and/or debottleneck infrastructure.
- Manage terminal simulation projects.
- Customer satisfaction: process data and derive a commercial action plan for the ARA sites.
- For strategic positioning and investment decision making, understand our risk profile.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PLACE OF WORK
- People in LBC are complementary to each other, based on different backgrounds, ways of thinking and how to approach/resolve matters. Only through collaboration of these different perspectives can we fulfill our ambition as a group.
We have a ‘customer centric’ culture, where we take our decisions based on the needs of our customers.
- The Business Intelligence Manager Europe reports directly to the Business Development & Sales Development Director of Europe.
- Internal contacts: sales colleagues and the sales support, finance, operations including planning and customer service, SHEQ, General Management, IT
- External contacts: customers (producers/traders), (port) Authorities, surveying companies, brokers, various other stakeholders (shipping companies/ship agents/hauliers), intelligence providers e.g. ICIS/Talumis
WHAT WE BELIEVE YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER EUROPE
Professional education/experience and other requirements:
- University graduate with a degree in chemical engineering/logistics/economics and/or MBA graduate
- Minimum of 5 years in tank storage environment (storage terminal, surveyor) or petroleum, chemical, logistics, shipping industry or related industry with a proven track record.
- Understanding and experience of the tank storage business is a prerequisite.
- Experienced in Project Management and Business Intelligence.
- Languages: Dutch and English is compulsory. French is an asset.
Who are you?
- Willing to travel regularly to visit potential customers;
- Reliable and exploring new opportunities are part of your vision and lifestyle.
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- Company car, or mobility allowance
- Company mobile phone, laptop/tablet