HSSEQ Engineer – LBC Antwerp
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HSSEQ ENGINEER
3 REASONS TO JOIN LBC TANK TERMINALS
1| Purpose of the job and added value
2| Working environment and place of work
3| LBC Tank Terminals as a company
- What we believe you need to be successful as HSSEQ Engineer
- How to apply
PURPOSE OF THE JOB AND ADDED VALUE
The HSSEQ Engineer implements monitors, evaluates and optimizes the working conditions and safety policy, taking into account corporate standards and legal requirements, in such way that the safety, health and well-being of the employees is guaranteed. In the field of Security, the HSSEQ Engineer acts as PFSO (Port Facility Security Officer).
- Detecting hazards preparing risk analyzes and proposing preventive measures to improve the wellbeing of employees and terminal visitors.
- Formulating advice on work equipment and guidelines on the organization and layout of the workplaces with an emphasis on operational safety.
- Actively participates in drawing up the terminal HSSEQ annual action plan.
- Evaluates and collects data, writes reports and documents the level of risks and proposes corrective and preventive measures.
- Performs incident and accident analyzes and formulates measures in collaboration with the hierarchical line.
- Independently carry out projects assigned to this function.
- Taking care of or supplying input of reports: monthly reports, tours, MOC etc.
- Role in the safe work permit and TRA process.
- Performs checks on the performance of the tasks of the employees, contractors and drivers and adjusts where necessary.
- Has a role in requesting and changing storage and train shipment of products (RFP/MOC process).
- Responsible for the registration and follow-up of incidents, audits, inspections and safety observation rounds.
- Participates in safety studies (HAZOP, PSSR, RI&E) and internal and external audits.
- All statutory duties that apply to a PFSO (Port Facility Security Officer).
- Solicited and unsolicited advice from colleagues, visitors and management.
- Provide HSSEQ training/toolboxes.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PLACE OF WORK
People in LBC are complementary to each other, based on different backgrounds, ways of thinking and how to approach/resolve matters. Only through collaboration of these different perspectives can we fulfil our ambition as a group.
The HSSEQ Engineer reports directly to the HSSEQ Manager Antwerp.
WHAT WE BELIEVE YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS HSSEQ ENGINEER
Professional education/experience and other requirements:
- ASO-TSO (secondary education) or >3 years’ experience in forwarding, logistics, chemical sector, administration;
- Languages: Dutch, English and French;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Knowledge of internal software (ERP systems and software applications);
- Transport Legislation.
Who are you
- Safety oriented;
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- Hospitalization insurance/coverage
- Meal and eco vouchers
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a brief motivation letter to Mees van der Pluijm email@example.com. If you have any additional questions prior to your application, you can also contact Mees at +31 6 40104074.