Project Manager – LBC Rotterdam
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PROJECT MANAGER
3 REASONS TO JOIN LBC TANK TERMINALS
1| Purpose of the job and added value
2| Working environment and place of work
3| LBC Tank Terminals as a company
- What we believe you need to be successful as Project Manager
- How to apply
PURPOSE OF THE JOB AND ADDED VALUE
The Project Manager will take the overall lead to ensure safe execution of all activities regarding the sustaining capex and commercial driven projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure a culture of safety first at all times.
- Manage all activities regarding projects on the Rotterdam site.
- Create and work according to detailed work plan, including resources (scope, budget, and planning).
- Ensure qualified team members are available and that all records for the project are up to date
- Monitor the cash flow, budgeted project expenditures and progress during execution.
- Communicate to all stakeholders regarding the progress of the project.
- Prepare progress reports and supporting documentation for the Terminal Director.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Obtain input from operational teams to develop scopes (for detailed engineering).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PLACE OF WORK
Our three terminals in the Antwerp and Rotterdam area are managed by Terminal Managers and their respective management teams consisting of an Operations Manager, a Maintenance Manager, a SHEQ Manager, Finance Manager, HR Manager, Customer Service Manager and Sales Manager.
We have well defined expansion/growth plans for each of the three terminals. As Project Manager, you are responsible to deliver all plans and projects according to plan in order to ensure our customers can use the infrastructure as planned & promised in a safe manner.
You will work in a highly dynamic work environment where you are in constant contact with all stakeholders needed to finish your project. You are highly dependent on the cooperation of all these stakeholders. This requires sound communication skills and a natural leadership style where people want to work for and with you. You understand that success is a joined effort by the team and will be celebrated as such.
People in LBC are complementary to each other, based on different backgrounds, ways of thinking and how to approach/resolve matters. Only through collaboration of these different perspectives can we fulfill our ambition as a group.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Project Portfolio Manager Rotterdam.
WHAT WE BELIEVE YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS PROJECT MANAGER
Professional education/experience and other requirements:
- Bachelor/University graduate with a degree in engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in executing capital projects in the petrochemical or terminal industries.
- You have excellent project skills combined with the proven ability to apply and develop this capability.
- Languages: fluent Dutch and English.
Who are you?
- Passion for safety with a proven track record of excellent project safety performance.
- Proven leadership skills in a project environment, with a result-oriented approach to management and ability to gain respect of all key stakeholders.
- Outstanding influencing skills with proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Experience in juggling multiple priorities and ability to be responsive in a fast-moving environment. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear timely decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to comfortably fit in and collaborate with the existing management team.
- A confident take-charge individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, a high energy level, a strong work ethic and a reputation for the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and mature business judgement.
- Able to celebrate success and organize a party.
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- 30 days of holiday to recover
- Company car or mobility allowance
- Premium free pension saving scheme
- Company mobile phone and tablet/laptop
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a brief motivation letter to Mees van der Pluijm email@example.com. If you have any additional questions prior to your application, you can also contact Mees at +31 6 40104074.